2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
Combine spices in a small bow, mix well to combine. Store in a small jar or spice container.
Use anytime a recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice mix
Try Dr. Travis’ healthy take on a family favorite: lasagna! With 300 fewer calories than traditional recipes, you can enjoy this dish as often as you’d like.
• 16 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
• 1 bag fresh spinach
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Black pepper to taste
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 8 ounces whole-wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, spinach, egg, and red and black pepper.
3. Spritz a baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Spread out half the lasagna noodles.
5. Cover with the cheese/spinach filling; top with the remaining noodles.
6. Pour marinara sauce over the noodles; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Coconut Flour Tortillas
In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Let the batter sit for a minute or two to account for the natural thickening caused by coconut flour. The batter should be very runny right before cooking (add more almond milk and eggs in equal proportions if needed to achieve this).
Heat a small skillet over medium heat and grease lightly (use oil of choice or an oil mister). Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and immediately tilt in different directions to evenly distribute. Cook, covered, until the edges are golden and curl inward when you lift the lid (about 2 minutes). Flip over, cover again, and cook until browned on the other side (2 more minutes). Repeat until the batter is used up.